It’s been well over a week now that I find myself getting up at 4am. It’s not that I’m going to bed early the night before, yet I find myself waking at 3am, going back into a broken sleep, and finally giving in, giving up and getting up at 4 am.
There’s so much going on in my mind right now; questions I need answered seem to be more present during the night than during my waking hours.
- When will my new book, “My Collective Soul: Things I Know Without Knowing Why” be released?
- Will the new book be well received and a success?
- Will the new motivational speaking lectures I’m about to begin change a life and make a difference to someone?
- Will my relationship ever move to the next level?
- Will this sadness tucked deep within my heart ever go away?
- What is holding me back and what do I need to do to move forward?
- Will my intuition ever stop speaking to me about the reality of my life?
- Will my heart ever catch up to what my head already knows?
That’s a lot for 4 am, yet I embrace the questions in my mind because it’s my Higher Power watching over me and looking out for me. It’s the questions that only I can answer and deep inside, I know the answers to most of them. And while some of the answers may be difficult, I know without a doubt that they will allow me to live my Highest Good. Anything waking me up at 4 am must be important and I have to pay attention.
Aside from all the chattering in my mind, there are some beautiful things about waking up at 4am.
- No one else is up and the house is quiet.
- The sky is so dark that you can see a billion stars and constellations.
- There’s a stillness outside that you don’t have during the day.
- There’s a different kind of energy at that time…exciting and yet calming.
- It’s a time when I can hear my thoughts and my intuition speaking to me.
- And the best thing is this: it’s MY time alone.
Would I like to sleep in? Absolutely.
Am I okay with waking up at 4 am? Absolutely.
There’s a reason I’m waking up at that time, and that reason is “me.” My Higher Power knows I need this time to think, to write, and to sit in silence outside to listen and learn.
4 am: It’s early but it’s a good thing.
Wishing you love and light,