Every so often I take a look at all the people in my life; the ones I trust and that I’m closest to. I take a good look and ask myself if I’m my true self with them or the self they need me to be. I ask myself if they bring out the best in me or I simply bring out the best in them. And I ask myself, am I a matter of convenience to them when they need my attention and love or are they there for me as well?
Those questions have been in my mind lately and I believe sometimes we have to look at the big picture because we find at that moment that we’re not living the life we need for our Highest Good. We’re in control of our happiness and in order to be all that we want to be and have the life we want we also have to see who we allow in it, because they have an impact on it.
I have a close knit group of people in my life and I’m always cautious when someone I don’t know well comes into it, whether it’s through a social circle or worse yet, through social media. I don’t take every friend request that comes my way, especially when I don’t know them or I know could cause a problem with my relationship.
So yesterday my eyes were suddenly open and seeing things differently, and I wondered why. Yet I knew why: the Universe wanted me to see and so that I could think about it and decide what I would do with what I saw and felt.
Communication between two people is key; trust is earned and maintained; and love is felt by actions, not simply words.
So as I rode in silence I heard the following questions:
- Am I as much of a priority to someone as they are to me?
- Do I care for someone more than they care for me?
- Does my life revolve around all the people in it rather than it being on me?
- Do they focus on me as much as I focus on them?
- Do I support them more than they support me?
- Does every conversation revolve around “them” and end when it begins to revolve around “me?”
- Do they accept my feelings about something even though they don’t understand why I feel that way?
- If they do something that hurts me do they do it again or do they love and respect me enough not to do it again, even if it doesn’t make sense to them.
- Are they starting to find faults in me rather than positive things?
- Do they put as much effort into me as they do to social media?
So many things to think about and I knew in my heart that I had the answers. And let me say that these questions pertain to all of your relationships, whether it’s a friendship, your family, or a relationship between two people.
And I ask to ask myself: Do they look different in my eyes now?
Now what do I do? What do you do if you find yourself in this position?
You take a leap of faith in who you are; you need to believe that you deserve to be treated as you treat them; and you need to communicate your feelings to them with love, kindness and respect.
And if you do these things and the response is not what you had hoped, then you’ll know the answers to your questions were right.
And that you need to turn the page in your book of life and move onto the next chapter…
Wishing you love and light,